The Gore and Mataura libraries will open on Thursday (9 Sept), initially at reduced hours.
Gore Library hours are Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm.
Mataura Library hours are Monday to Friday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Contact tracing is mandatory for all aged 12 or over - scan the QR code, or sign in using the ballot box
- Wear a face covering – mandatory for all aged 12 and over, unless you hold an exemption
- Children under 12 stay home if possible, if not, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- There is a visiting time limit of 20 minutes. You can choose books for you and your family, but not stay in the library to study or read
- Social distancing – keep at least 2 metres away from people outside your bubble, including library staff
- The number of people in the library at any one time is limited for physical distancing requirements
- Call and collect/deliver service
- If you are unable to visit the library, phone or email to request a loan selection to be prepared and make a time to collect.
- If you can’t leave children alone at home, are housebound, elderly or vulnerable, we can deliver your books, please phone to arrange.
- Computers: Gore Library - two public computers available for 15 minute use, Mataura Library - one computer available for 15 minute use
- Ancestry available in Gore Library for 15 minute use
- Newspapers: available on request with a 20 minute limit
- Return your borrowed items to the afterhours returns slot. If you have COVID-19 or are in self-isolation don’t return your library items just yet, there will be no late fees in this situation.
- COVID-19 precautions
- Stay home if you have symptoms, or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
- Wash hands, use hand sanitizer, practice physical distancing
- Payments by EFTPOS, no cash
Gore Library: Phone 03 2039129
Mataura Library and Service Centre: Phone 03 2038114
Email: [email protected]
Free Library online resources at www.gorelibraries.govt.nz/digital-library
Managing your account online
If you need to access your account for any reason, you can do so by visiting our website https://gorelibraries.govt.nz