COVID-19 library updates
From Monday 18 May and for the duration of COVID-19 Alert Level 2 the libraries are open.
Opening hours are limited and precautions in place to keep everyone safe.
- You can choose books for yourself and your family but not stay in the library to study or read. Leave children at home.
- ‘Call and collect’ service
- If you are unable to visit the library, you may phone or email to request a loan selection to be prepared and make a time to collect.
- This is if you can’t leave children alone at home, or if you are elderly or otherwise vulnerable.
- If you are housebound we may be able to deliver your books, please ask.
- Return your borrowed items to the afterhours returns at either Gore or Mataura libraries.
- If you have COVID-19 or are in self-isolation don’t return your library items just yet, there will be no late fees in this situation.
- Not available yet: Wi-Fi, computers, printing, newspapers.
- COVID-19 precautions
- Stay home if you have symptoms or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
- Wash hands, use hand sanitizer, practice physical distancing
- Children under 14 stay home
- Provide contact tracing information
- Limited numbers of people in the library at one time
- Time limit in library is 20 mins
- Payments by EFTPOS, no cash
Ph: 03 2039129
Mataura Library and Service Centre
Ph: 03 2038114
Free Library online resources
Important websites for up-to-date information about the pandemic
Important phone numbers
- Government COVID-19 helpline 0800 779 997 (8am-1pm, 7 days a week)
- Gore District Council Community Support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Management Southland welfare support 0800 890 127 (7am-7pm daily); email: email@example.com; Web: www.cdsouthland.nz
- Healthline 0800 358 5453 (or call your doctor)
- Need-to-talk 24/7 service - call or text 1737
- Police non-emergency 105 or website: 105.police.govt.nz
- Police/Fire/Ambulance emergency 111